Friday, April 27, 2012

Empty Office


This could be anybody's office now, because it is no longer mine.  And the items around it, that for five years sang my name, have all been removed.  I can't help but wonder if the next person will look at its beauty in the same way I did; at its pictures, at its view, if they will appreciate the way it gives you just the smallest bit of needed peace.  And I also wonder if this luxury will ever come my way again, or if I'm forever doomed to stare at the side of some characterless cubical for the rest of my working days.  But the saddest part of it all, is that one day, this special little space that I once inhabited, will have almost completely faded from my mind, only to reappear once more with the finding of this picture, followed by the realization that I had almost forgot it even existed at all. 





1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan. The next office will be bigger better and with a view. Good luck!!
    Bob and Nancy

    ReplyDelete