Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Day Thoughts


It was a bit surreal this morning seeing my landlord come over to stick a fresh "for rent" sign into the ground in front of our apartment.  And I pity my poor husband for the excitement he must now feign during our apartment's showings in the coming weeks.  I've realized that no matter how ready you are to leave something behind in life, it will always hurt just a little to watch it go on without you.

I also said goodbye to my car today, still finding it hard to believe that the next time I'll see it will be in front of my parent's house in Massachusetts. I'm sure it will be confused not to have the constant reflection of palm trees bouncing off its glass each day and will be equally perplexed at the slippery freezing hell it must now maneuver through every winter.  But I know it will forgive me as it carries my now ever- present loved ones within its doors, as we laugh and talk and share our lives once again.



















 











No comments:

Post a Comment