Thursday, April 19, 2012

Negativity


We've all had to deal with negative people in life.  And wherever we go, chances are we'll meet another asshole ready to have it out with us.  And unfortunately, I have encountered a few of these people, who have reacted with such cynicism at the news of our departure from this "great" state of California.  Some were innocent, others passive-aggressive in an attempt to make me feel like I was already gone.  And of course these comments started to affect me quite immensely, but it wasn't long until I recognized that this was only the case because of my own insecurities about leaving.  And in fact, most of those self-doubts that I had, had been fueled over time by California's own culture, with a people who tend to think that their state, particularly the entertainment industry in general, should consume one's life or else you're deemed a talentless failure.  And of course I know that I am nothing close to a failure, but merely one of the lucky ones who finally realized I wanted something richer in life, and it absolutely could not be found here.

Coincidentally, I have a friend who is going through pretty much the same thing as I, except for the fact that he's already made it out.  He wrote me a nice email yesterday, telling me that once I leave, things will get a whole lot easier because they certainly have for him.  I smiled at his words, as he reinforced my belief that after the smog has cleared from my eyes, and I can finally escape from this bubble I have been living in for the past eight years, I will finally be able to breath the fresh air once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment