Sunday, July 29, 2012

His Happiness



There's this special kind of excitement that lies within my husband's eyes.  It's contagious, it's beautiful, and it's honestly one of the most wonderful things I have ever experienced in this life.  It's something that occurs much too rarely, but when it does, it seems to fill the room with an immediate dose of magic, leaving all those around him hoping it will never end.  But since our move back east a few months ago, that joy had all but disappeared, as I quietly feared that he had left it behind on the opposite coast.  But yesterday out of nowhere, as we explored the beauties of Boston together, the light in his eyes suddenly returned.  And as I smiled back at his happiness, remembering once again why I loved him so, I knew at that moment that things were going to be alright.


1 comment: